I supervise students on BSc, MSc and PhD level. If you are a student at Lancaster University looking for a master/bachelor theses or project, please have a look at my project proposals. There are also options for (erasmus) internships and I am looking for PhD students.
Towards Recombinable and Reconfigurable Interactive Spaces.
We have open PhD positions in our Interactive Systems group at Lancaster University. If you are interested in doing doctoral research in the area of human-computer interaction and physical computing, feel free to contact me to discuss research opportunities. You can find more information on open or funded PhD studentships at our departmental website. In particular I am interested in supervising students on:
- Multi-device or Cross-device interaction techniques, toolkits, systems and applications.
- Shape-changing displays and interfaces.
- Interactive spaces and spatial/proxemic interaction techniques, displays and applications.
- Large interactive surfaces and displays, architecture and interaction.
- Human-data interaction, physical data visualisations, in-the-wild deployment of physical data installations.
- Large scale interactive systems, urban internet-of-things, sensor systems and public installation.
- Interactive Systems in general.
Current MSc/BSc Students
- Kim Sauve, MSc Research Intern (2017)
Exploring the Design Space of Physical Data Representations.
- Loveen Dyall, BSc Thesis in Computer Science (2017)
New Visualisation Techniques for Urban IoT Data
- Dominic Oryema, BSc Thesis in Computer Science (2017)
Expanding the Interaction Space of Smartwatches
- Daniel Hart, BSc Thesis in Computer Science (2017)
Interacting with Device Ecologies
- Anson Cheung, MSci Thesis in Computer Science (2017)
Augmented Reality for Assistive Technologies
- Daniel Gavrilov, Funded Research Internship in Data Science (2016)
UCL CS departmental funded research internship on building a data platform for urban IoT.
- Elaine Martel, MSc Thesis in Human-Computer Interaction (2016)
An In-Depth Ethnography of the Resident’s involvement in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Dominic McMahon, MSc Thesis in Human-Computer Interaction (2016)
Exploring Physical Visualizations for Air Pollution.
- Kim Sauvé, Research Internship in Human-Computer Interaction (2016)
Data Physicalizations for Personal Activity Trackers.
- Chi-Jui Wu, MSc Thesis in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence (2016)
EagleSense: Top-Down Activity Recognition using Depth Cameras
- Navneet Patle, MSc Thesis in Human-Computer Interaction (2016)
End-User Programming Interface for Urban IoT Devices.
- Joshua Budiman, MSc Thesis in Human-Computer Interaction (2016)
Supporting Cross-Device Curation Work.
- Jordi Casanueva, MSc Thesis in Human-Computer Interaction (2016)
Physikit++: Designing Tangible Visualizations for Soft-Sensed Data.
- Léa Saviot, Research Internship in Human-Computer Interaction (2016)
Erasmus research internship on designing novel interfaces for smartwatches.
- Assunta Matassa, PhD Internship in Human-Computer Interaction (2016)
Erasmus research internship on designing interfaces for Internet-of-things.
- Victor Armas, MSc Thesis in Human-Computer Interaction (2016)
Exploring End-User Programming Paradigms for Internet-of-Things.
- Srikrishna Datla, Henry Mortimer, Madeleine Whitehall and Mingqian Wang, BSc. Project (2015)
WatchVis: Visualization City Data on SmartWatches
- Navin Bharwani, MSc Thesis in Computer Science, Engineering (2015)
Cross-Device Interaction Techniques and Application Use Cases
- Manoj Vaseekharan, MSc Thesis in Computer Science, Engineering (2015)
Watch-of-Things: Visualizing and Configuring Watch + IoT Actions
- Alessandra Luz, MSc Thesis in Human-Computer Interaction (2015)
Deploying curiosity objects “in the wild”.
- Shing Yau Lau, MSc Thesis in Software Systems Engineering (2015)
SmartWatch++: New Hardware Configurations for Smartwatch Devices.
- Fadhli Ismail Mohamad, MSc Thesis in Software Systems Engineering (2015)
Smartwatch with Internet of Things.
- Vaidas Sirtautas, MSc Thesis in Software Development (2014)
Smart Portal: Multi-Device Software architecture for a Smart Patient Ward
- Søren Buron and Nikolaj Lund, MSc In Software Development (2014)
Supporting Distributed Activities in a Hospital Ward.
- Matthias Schmidt and Thomas Snaidero, ECTS project (2014)
HyPR Device Optimization
- Jonas Yazid Lading, MSc In Digital Design and Communication (2013)
Broadening Your Desktops Periphery.
- Tim Colfax Hankins, Jens Christensen and Nicoleta-Ioana Andruchovici, Pervasive Computing Project (2012)
Calm House A system for minimizing direct marketing’s collateral damage
- Hildur Flemberg and Niklas Johansson, BSc In Software Development (2012)
Activity Based Client for iOS.
In 2011 I was a student myself 🙂.